This Party

08 November 2006

addendum

By the way, I voted over a week ago during Early Voting. Bredesen (D) for Governor--about as fiscally-conservative as you can get, he took on TN's state health-care which was running in the red and eating up 20% of the state's budget; Ford (D) for Senate, because the Republican Bob Corker has two Hott daughters, and it would be a shame to send them out of the state; and perennial rep. John J. Duncan, Jr. (R) for Congress even if he does have a rather inbred look, because I when I went to DC for field trip in 7th grade we met him in the Capitol and he picked me to go on the House floor and press a button to cast a vote.

On ballot measures #1: against gay marriage because I don't like to rock the boat. I haven't heard a convincing argument for why marriage is a civil rights, as opposed to a religious matter; or of why the legal protections and responsibilities granted with a marriage license are unobtainable by other means.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home