This Party

29 August 2008

party at Invesco

Fwiw, it's not Mile High Stadium anymore--that got torn down and turned into the parking lot. So quit calling it that, NBC (and others).

But there must still be something invigorating about the altitude. Tonight's speakers are lighting the place up! I know they saved the best for last--Tim Kaine, Bill Richardson, and Al Gore have been on fire!--so I'm glad I could get off work in time to pay some attention. I missed Hillary's speech and slick roll-call interruption last night. The party line is all about taking the 'flip-flopper' tack against John McCain, though Gore got to bring up the climate-change/fossil-fuel/national security Axis of Evil. Good for him.

I'm hoping B.O. follows down the road set by his Olympic TV spots and lays out his economic plan. Btw, all of his commercials have been broadcast in HD. McCain's are letterboxed standard-def, with a husky 'voice of fear' narration. Image, image, image. You'd think the party of Karl Rove would know better.

1 Comments:

  • I have two terrorist novels, one by Tom Clancy and one that my in-laws picked up at a Christian bookstore, that both involve Bad Things Going Down at football games in Denver.

    I've been getting my convention coverage from the unbiased media-- Comedy Central.

    By Blogger Nate, at Fri Aug 29, 05:42:00 AM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home