This Party

06 April 2007

Stupid Italian-Americans...they're the ones that piss me off, not the intelligent ones

This is one thing I cannot stand about our country, particularly stupid dumbasses and their political correctness.

Rudy Giuliana seems to love the Godfather and enjoys doing impersonations of Marlon Brando's character, Vito Corleone. I gather that he feels comfortable doing this because he's an Italian-American and helped bust up the New York mob as a federal prosecutor. Apparently, Italian-Americans, or Eyetalian-Americans as Dona De Sanctis and those for whom she speaks deserve to be called, cannot handle the jokes Rudy Giuliani has been making regarding the Godfather. They think that the jokes "make light of a stereotype that creates a lot of discomfort for millions of other Italian-Americans." They don't find the jokes funny and they stopped laughing a long time ago. If Godfather references really make Italian-Americans uncomfortable, then I think they should probably go back to Italy. I don't really think most people go around suspecting all Itialian-Americans they see as being in the mafia. Somehow, I think the discomfort this small group of people feel is totally misplaced.

Fortunately, Dona De Sanctis does not speak for all Italian-Americans, just the shallow and mindless ones. Joseph Scelsa, president of the Italian American Museum in New York and the Coalition of Italian American Associations, wasn't offended and supports Giuliani. So, if there are any good Italian-Americans out there looking to honour their heritage, do me a favour, and avoid the Sons of Italy for whom Dona De Sanctis speaks.

As a good Irish-American, who doesn't drink much but has no problem with Irish stereotypes, I, of course, can't encourage anyone to vote for Giuliani. We certainly don't want a Dago, Guinea, Wop or any of his Greaseball friends running our country. My point here is just that I'm sick and tired of stupid people making an issue out of nothing. It's not Barak Obama's fault if he's the first clean and well-spoken black man. :-D

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Johnny, I'm shocked!

    I think you owe Al Sharpton an apology.

    By Blogger Nate, at Tue Apr 10, 07:41:00 AM GMT  

  • Al Sharpton is well-spoken, but I don't know for sure about clean. He's probably clean but not clean-cut. As he may actually be clean and I suspect he is, I hereby apologize to Al Sharpton for my insensitive and baseless comment. As for Jesse Jackson, I make no such apology.

    By Blogger John E., at Wed Apr 11, 12:23:00 AM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home