This Party

09 December 2006

Foley & Allentown/Bethlehem/CNN

I'm sitting here watching CNN, MSNBC, and FoxNews switching back and forth on commercials and boring stories and they're talking about Mark Foley again. I can't help but wonder how different the coverage would be if he were asking a 16 yr old girl if she was horny instead of a 16 yr old boy. I suspect he may have faired better if she was a girl and only flirted with her. No one would imply he was some sort of pedophile monster with a 16 yr old girl. I think the fact that he's gay makes people more likely to consider him evil and probably a pedophile, when he's probably just a screwed up perverted man, who happens to like men. Only young pages care to seem about his power though or maybe he'd use it on 21 or 30 yr olds too. I don't know. I'm not saying this is the case, but I do wonder.

Apparently, two houses recently exploded in Bethlehem, which they first referred to as South Allentown on CNN. Unfortunately, I'm up in Scranton for the weekend, so I have no idea what is really going on. They were talking to some official in Bethlehem though.

Ah...this seems to clarify matters. Apparetly, there was an explosion due to a gas leak in Bethlehem last night and then another explosion in South Allenown this afternoon which is still being investigated. I don't think CNN has a clue what is really going on. They started off talking about the explosion in S. Allentown, then were talking to someone in Bethlehem about it, but he very well may have been talking about the explosion from last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home