This Party

06 February 2008

So, How About Those Republicans?

I see Democratic exit poll numbers on Drudge Report, and everywhere else.

Honestly, for the past week I've been feeling like the Republican coverage is stuck in 2004 again, this time with the media wrong about the number of candidates. It's seemed like blah-blah-blah about Hillary and Barak and occasionally a passing mention that there are Republicans running in some primaries, too. Is this because the media is liberal (not realizing there are Republicans) or incompetent (not realizing there are Republicans)? Or do women and minorities just sell better than old white men?

I wish I could see what Fox News is saying. That might be the only way to sort it.

2 Comments:

  • As best I can tell, the media consensus is that McCain will win big tonight. If Romney wins a few due to an under-reported Romney surge, I suppose there will be some coverage of Republicans again.

    Basically, Maria upstaged Arnold.

    From here, I think the big Republican story of the moment is Rush Limbaugh blowing off about McCain--yesterday, on his show, I heard him accuse McCain and Huckabee of "being part of a liberal conspiracy against Romney."

    Lines like that are why I call Rush the nation's best comedian.

    By Blogger peter, at Wed Feb 06, 12:50:00 AM GMT  

  • That not only makes sense, it puts the Grim Reaper to my conspiracy theory.

    By Blogger Nate, at Wed Feb 06, 12:58:00 AM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home